Friday, January 9, 2015

Juggling Act

If anyone comes here to read my ramblings, you've noticed that I've been a bit MIA. I have a very legitimate excuse...I just finished week 1 of being back at work. To paint an accurate picture, I will also add, that I am in the financial reporting field (accounting related) and it is year end. For those who know what I am referring to, you know that I jumped right in, with both feet. I mean, if you're going to do something, might as well go all the way.

I have to say, after Day 1, I had doubts about being able to keep all the balls in the air and still maintaining sanity. However, as the days went on, I started settling into more of a routine. The dust is slowly settling, and I am seeing that I might actually be able to wrap my arms around all that needs to get done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Before I physically went back to the office, hubby and I set down and talked about what needs to happen for us to manage our jobs, our kids and some sort of sanity. Bottom line is, organization, efficiency and tag teaming are key. You focus on priorities and don't sweat the small stuff. With today's technology, staying organized is easier than ever. Hubby and I made a list of To-Dos that need to happen on a weekly basis. We made this list share-able so that we can both see what needs to get done and what's been accomplished. The iPhone "Reminders" app, is the perfect tool for this.


Here is how you can create a To-Do list that can be shared:
1. Click on "New List"
2. Click on iCloud account
3. Name your list
4. Click "Done".
5. Click "Edit" in the top right corner.
6. Select "Sharing"
7. Add the person from your contacts that you'd like to share your list with.

That's all! Easy peasy!

I am not going to lie, going back to work was not easy. But there are definitely some positives. With the general lack of sleep, I was definitely looking forward to the fancy espresso machine that was waiting for me at the office. DIY lattes are making a comeback! (Need to work on my foam-making skills again.)


The lunches aren't too bad either. I am considering a little Instagram, lunch posts series. Here is the "What's for Lunch? The Friday Edition"...


Ultimately, it's all doable. A good approach is key. 

Stay tuned for...how I spent my last pre-working days....

No comments:

Post a Comment