Sunday, December 7, 2014

Wannabe Crafty Mom

I've never been good at crafting. It was never my thing. Walking into Michael's however, makes everything different.

My mind starts racing. In the baking isle, I want to buy all kinds of cake decorating tools and accessories, even though I don't bake cakes. In the art isle, I can't stop touching the canvases, brushes and paints, while imagining myself painting an elaborate work of art. (Even though I tried and miserably failed, to paint on canvas, when I was a child myself). I am hoping that my child will really enjoy painting on canvas when he is older because I really want to get that easel set the store carries. Way to live vicariously. This goes on and on as I walk through the store. Finally, I realize that I need to get back on track and start focusing on the purpose of my visit. 

For now I've been relatively successful in curbing my urge to buy everything in sight, and stick to the basics.  This snowman craft we put together, satisfied my crafting craving for the time being.





No comments:

Post a Comment