Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Everything But The Kitchen Sink, Pizza

I always looked forward to Friday night. It was the end of the work week. The beginning of the weekend. A time for myself, relaxation, sleeping in and fun. With kids, Friday night is just like any other night. Friday night doesn't mean you get to sleep in on Saturday. It means you get to wake up at 7 a.m. (best case scenario), just like on any other day of the week.

To mix things up, and make Friday night feel at least a little special and somewhat different from all the other nights of the week, I decided to make homemade pizza for dinner. Homemade pizza means, toppings include whatever may be laying around in the fridge.

Homemade pizza  a la Mommy-Chic in Suburbia style:
Crust: pre-made pizza dough (I know, I know). For the lazy homemaker, it's a saving grace.
Sauce: any pasta sauce you may have on hand.
Toppings: lots of cheese (in my case, hand-grated mozzarella), leftover brisket, sliced hot dog (nitrate-free of course), tomatoes, black olives and mushrooms.

Bake this beauty based on the directions of the crust. My was put together in 15 minutes and baked in another 15 minutes. Perfect for the whole family!





No comments:

Post a Comment