Thursday, December 11, 2014

Adventures in Louboutin Shoe Shopping

This year marked my and hubby's 5-year wedding anniversary. So, five years, two kids and multiple not so subtle hints later, hubby suggested that I pick a pair of those red soles I've been coveting, as a gift to mark all these occasions.

Obviously, no time was wasted before the hunt for the perfect pair of Christian Louboutin shoes began. How does one choose just one pair? They are all so beautiful! I decide to go with the most versatile design and color. A very practical decision for a very impractical purchase.

First choice...Iriza Glittered Flocked Red Sole Pump
Photo Courtesy: neimanmarcus.com
Initially, it seemed like the shoe was on pre-order. I decided to wait until it became available to give myself the opportunity to check it out live. Unfortunately, the shoes were not waiting around, and came and went quickly, without giving me the opportunity to try them on. In fact, when I contacted the company directly, I found out that they were no longer being sold in the U.S. With this sad news I started looking for my next favorite pair. 

Nude is a great, versatile color and the So Kate style is a beautiful shoe. So, option #2...

Photo Courtesy: christianlouboutin.com

Unfortunately, I soon found out that the minimum height requirement on the So Kate heel is 120mm (~5 inches). Since my adventurous spirit doesn't venture past 100mm (~4 inches), this option wasn't going to work. At least I narrowed down the color and material: nude, patent leather. So the quest continued.

After much searching and debating, and visiting the local Neiman Marcus twice (by the way, the selection was disappointing), I finally decided on the patent leather Iriza Half d'Orsay pumps in nude. The selection seemed simple enough. I figured it should be no issue getting these from the local high-end department store. Yet again, I was so very wrong. 

I finally found what I was looking for at Saks online. I searched for the brand, I refined my search by color and heel height. There they were, in the size and color I needed. Only to find out that they are expected to ship in February of 2015. I mean really, why is it so difficult to purchase a pair of Louboutin shoes? Let me spend the money, I want to! 

It was suggested to me that the shoes usually ship faster than the date listed on the website. So I took a chance (a half size smaller is recommended in this style), without ever trying them on live, and placed the order. Low and behold, I was notified that the shoes shipped, a mere 3 weeks later. Glad I listened.

Finally, I had what I was looking for! The half size smaller fit like it should. As per the advice of Helena of BrooklynBlonde.com, I made sure to protect the bottom soles before ever wearing them. Red rubber soles keep the color red, and they make walking in these beauties, slightly more comfortable.



No comments:

Post a Comment